An undertaking of this magnitude requires vision, passion and hundreds of decisions. Along the way, our leadership team has remained true to some core principles that reflect the hospital’s values and commitment to transform the care we provide for children in our region. These include:
- Designing a facility that supports a culture of safety and security.
- Being fiscally responsible.
- Working with a team of patients and families to design kid-friendly spaces that meet their needs.
- Creating an efficient, supportive environment for staff and physicians.
- Using sustainable building concepts when possible, to encourage a healthy environment.
- Incorporating a technology infrastructure that is supportive, flexible and innovative.