we’ve reached our highest heights!
7th & 8th floor move day
In December, we moved 30 patients into the specialty care units of our new patient tower!
The top two floors, 7 and 8, house more than 40 single family rooms and are expected to serve more than 5,000 children a year. The new rooms are designed to provide the optimal healing-environment and amenities that allow families to spend time with their recovering child.
In recent years, Dayton Children’s has recruited more than 80 pediatric subspecialists – physicians whose expertise has allowed us to expand the clinical and surgical services we can offer patients in our region. The new units will provide the space for specialized care teams to best treat patients based on their individual needs.
With more space, large windows to allow in natural light, reduced noise and enhanced patient monitoring technology, the new units are optimized for healing after complex surgery and other specialty services.
Some special features within the 7th and 8th floors include:
- Neuroscience Center that will treat children recovering from neurosurgery, epilepsy procedures and other neurological conditions. The center will include care spaces for advanced epilepsy monitoring and endocrine patients.
- Orthopaedic and Spine Center for surgical and rehabilitation services with a physical therapy room to provide a safe place for children to regain strength.
- Surgical Specialties that will treat children healing from various conditions.
- Advanced pulmonary care for children with Cystic Fibrosis.
- Transitional Care Unit with a complex care team and 24-hour nurse practitioner coverage.
- Specialty pediatrics for gastrointestinal care with a GI treatment motility room.
7th floor specialty services:
- Neuroscience- neurosurgery & neurology
- Pediatric surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Diabeties & Endocrinology
- Eating Disorders
8th floor specialty services:
- Gastrointestinal Services
- Transitional Care Unit